The Barone Blog

The Barone Blog

Tuesday, April 14, 2015

Easter

This was Walker and William's second Easter and it was so much fun! They are growing up and becoming big boys. I didn't even think that they would really hunt for Easter Eggs and to my surprise, THEY DID!!! It was seriously, the cutest thing to me and I was such a proud Mommy. The boys had three Egg hunts to attend to (School, Nonie and Pawpaw's and at Mimi and Gee's) so by the end of it, they were pretty much pros. 

Egg hunt #1 - School

Their first egg hunt was at the daycare and honestly, I didn't think they would do much "hunting" at all. The Easter Egg hunt was on the playground, so I figured they would go outside and start playing with all the toys instead. But they didn't. It was like they knew what to do all along. Since I work at the daycare the boys attend, I was able to spy on them without them getting upset and seeing me. I asked one of the girls that works for us, if she wouldn't mind getting a few videos and pictures for me. 


Here's a video of them waiting to go hunt.










William was getting a little upset 
when it was time to put the eggs away. 





Egg Hunt #2 - Nonie and Pawpaw's

On Good Friday, we loaded up and headed to Nonie and Pawpaw's house. We had a lot of fun. The boys got to see the goats (William discovered that he liked to yell at them - see video below) and play with their Cousins all weekend long. On Saturday, I had a Girls day with my Mom and Sisters, so the men were in charge and that night we all had dinner together (something we have not done in a long time) and the Easter Bunny came that night as well. The Boys made out like bandits and I'm pretty sure they got just as many eggs as their older cousins did. The only thing about Walker is, in the beginning he likes to pick up two eggs at the same time and then shake them for a little while. You have to show him that he's got to put them in his basket and find more. He eventually gets the hang of it. But each time, that would happen. 





Avengers HAVE to hunt with their helmets










Taytum and Emi
checking out their eggs

Two of Pawpaw's Boys


I know I say it all the time, but I really do love weekends back home. Especially when my Sisters and Nieces and Nephews are there too. It's fun having the family together. There is so much for the kids to do, and as the boys get older, they'll be able to do more and more at Nonie and Pawpaw's house. 













This video is so cute! 
William yelling at the goats. 
It cracks me up!
(not sure why it's so small)


Egg Hunt #3 - Mimi and Gee's House

Every year, we wake up early and go have breakfast with my Dad's side of the family. A tradition that is possibly older than I am and I love that it has been continued through all these years. After breakfast, everybody heads to Mimi and Gee's house. The kids play for a little while and wait for the Easter Bunny to arrive. I think the boys were pretty exhausted from their long weekend at Nonie and Pawpaw's and waking up early that morning, because they were both getting pretty tired while waiting and William even fell asleep on Matt right before it was time to hunt eggs (however, when we got home later that day he was also running a fever). They both did great again hunting eggs. By next year, I'm sure they'll be running and grabbing every egg they see. 





Mimi and Gee have always had the 
best toys to play with at their house. 




















 William and Walker at their first Easter

We hope you all had a blessed Easter.
 Love, The Barone Family
XOXO





No comments:

Post a Comment