The Barone Blog

The Barone Blog

Thursday, April 16, 2015

A Family that Tattoos Together, Stays Together.

Matt and I finally did it ... We both got tattoos! We both have been saying for YEARS that we wanted to get a tattoo. Our original plan was that when we would finally decide to get tattoos that we would go together. However, that didn't happen, and that's okay. 

Matt's Tattoo ...

This whole itch for a tattoo recently, was thanks to Denny. While we were at Alisha and Denny's house the weekend of Stephen's 6th Birthday, one night (after a few drinks), Denny decides that he is wanting to go out and finish one of his tattoos. He told me "Casey, if you come with me, I'll pay for your tattoo." I'm not good with spur of the moment type things and at the moment I couldn't just make a decision and decide what I wanted on my body for the rest of my life. But Matt had an idea of what he wanted, so he said "I'll go!" He got Casey, Walker and William on his wrist, like a bracelet (unfortunately, I don't have any pictures of his tattoo) but it looks really good, and I love it! 

As soon as Matt and Denny left, Alisha and I started talking about getting tattoos and what we would want. We started talking and thought it would be fun if we went together, along with our Mom and other Sister, Racheal. We pitched the idea to them and they were all for it. We decided we would make a girls day out of it while we were all together during Easter weekend. Since we were going together, we decided to all get something kind of similar. 

My Mom and Racheal each got one tattoo. My Mom got her tattoo on her foot. It's an infinity sign with three doves and an anchor (the anchor represents my Dad). I love her tattoo, and I think it came out great!




Racheal got her tattoo on her hip of three Doves


Alisha and I each got two tattoos. Alisha got five doves on her rib cage (she got five to represent the number of family members in her family. She also got a cross on her wrist with Colossians 3:23


I got the three doves on my foot and a cross on my wrist as well. I've wanted the cross for a while, so I figured if it was going to be my first tattoo, I might as well get both. 



Our experience at Electric 13 Tattoo in Austin was such a good one. The staff was so nice and the owner even took time to come and thank us for coming in before leaving for the day. Our tattoo artist, Gabe was hilarious and kept us laughing the whole time. He was really in to his job and you could really see that he loved what he was doing. He was living his dream. 






Can't wait to do it again! 




No comments:

Post a Comment