The Barone Blog

The Barone Blog

Monday, April 20, 2015

18 Month Well Check Up, at 19 Months Old

Walker and William finally got in to see the doctor for their 18 month well check, and everything went well. It was even better because the Boys didn't have to get shots! I like those kind of well check ups. The boys are doing well. They are growing and are healthy. They were both getting over a double ear infection so their doctor checked both of their ears and they both looked good. Both of them still aren't talking much besides just jibber jabbering, but they do that all the time. I imagine when they do begin talking they will talk our ears off and have plenty to say. 


Walker's Stats:

Weight: 31 lbs - 98th Percentile
Height: 33 in - 54th Percentile

Walker is still my big and healthy growing boy. However, he is becoming a little bit of a picky eater. Before, the kid would eat ANYTHING and everything. Now, I think he has discovered that he doesn't have to eat it if he doesn't particularly like it. And one of the things Walker does not want to eat right now is meat. I was getting a little concerned about his protein intake, but the doctor informed me the he is getting plenty of protein from the other foods that he enjoys. She said to still continue to offer it to him, but don't force it on him. Something I can't complain that Walker LOVES to eat, are vegetables. It is like he is a vegetarian right now. One night, I didn't make a vegetable as a side for dinner and he got so mad. I think he was boycotting, because he did not eat one bite of his food. I even made lasagna that night and he did not touch it! He is one stubborn boy. But from now on, I will make sure I serve vegetables with his dinner (until he doesn't like them anymore - because I'm sure that phase will come too). 

Favorite Foods:
Vegetables - Green beans, Broccoli, Peas and Avocado
Noodles
Bread
Pizza (favorite part is the crust)

Words:
"No-No"
"Bye-Bye"
"Uh-Oh"
"Ma-Ma" - which I hope is him saying my name :)
Lots of jibber jabbering - "PAPAPA" "TATATA" is what he usually says.

Enjoys:
Playing with cars
Watching the Cars movie
Running and Swinging

Walker is starting to be more of a cuddle bug as well. He use to not be affectionate at all and you were lucky if you got a hug out of him. But lately, he is starting to run up to us and give us a hug. If we are sitting on the floor with them, he wants to sit in our laps and sometimes, he may even give you a kiss. I feel really loved when he does that! 


Aggressively giving Mommy kisses 


Lately, Walker has become attached to this 
green blanket
 

Cuddles with my sweet guy while he was sick




William's Stats:

Weight: 26 lbs - 45th Percentile
Height: 32.5 in - 43rd Percentile

William hit a really big growth spurt! He may even catch up to his brother. He gained a little over 2 lbs and grew an inch and a half. He is becoming a bit of a better eater, and beginning to eat more foods (or at least trying them too). 

Favorite Foods:
Chicken Nuggets
Peas & Corn
Pizza - favorite part is also the crust
Spaghettti

Words:
"No-No"
"HI!"
And lots of jibber jabber. He says the words "tickle" when he is talking - "tickle tickle tickle tickle"
William constantly says the word "hi", even when he is suppose to say "bye". He will be running around the house, and when he comes into the room one of us is at, he stops, waves and says "hi".

Enjoys:
Cuddling
Running
Watching Movies

William is still my sweet little cuddle bug. He just always likes to know that one of us is there and that he can give you a kiss or a hug. He makes some of the funniest noises too that always makes us laugh. He makes a growling sound that is so funny. He is constantly smiling and making us smile. 


He is always making us laugh with his silly faces

William has become attached to his 
little pillow lately too.



I'm beginning to see that Walker and William really have a "brotherly love" relationship. I use to worry about it due to the fact that they are so opposite (they are like night and day), but recently I can really see how much they care for one another. At school, their teacher tells me about how they will stick up for one another when another friend in their class is stealing a toy or not being nice - I think it's more of Walker sticking up for William too. And lately, Walker is always aware of what William wants or needs. For instance, if Walker is thirsty and wants his cup, he will go get it and take a drink. Then he will grab William's cup to give it to him to see if he needs it as well. Walker does that with a lot of others stuff too. I hope they will stay close their whole life and want to make sure that the other always has what they need. 






We get lots of cuddles when the boys aren't feeling well.


Last time we were at Nonie & Pawpaw's house,
the boys thought it was fun to get in the puppy's cage. 









In five months my Boys will be 2!!! 

Daddy and I love you both so much!
XOXO

No comments:

Post a Comment