The Barone Blog

The Barone Blog

Wednesday, September 3, 2014

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!

 

I can not believe it, my Boys are a year old! Where has this year gone??? All day today I kept thinking about what an adventure we were about to embark on a year ago today. All day I thought about the joy that the boys brought to me instantly the second I saw them. It was with out a doubt, love at first site. Well, honestly love at first sound, I didn't get to see them right away since I had a C-Section but it was pure joy the second I heard their cry. A sound I will never forget. I was scared but so extremely happy. I didn't know what was about to come my way but I knew it was going to be amazing, but hard at times. These two Boys bring me more happiness then I could have every imagined. They complete Matt and I more then they will ever know. We are a family of four, because of them. I love them so much. Happy Birthday Walker and William!

PARTY TIME!!! ...

This weekend we had Walker & William's Birthday Party and I'd like to think that it was a success! Everything came out as I imagined. If you don't happen to know by now, but Pinterest is AMAZING when you need ideas for ANYTHING!!! I got a few ideas for Party decorations and they all came out great!





 
 
Of course the boys are still a little too young to get into the whole opening presents thing, but they do enjoy playing with tissue paper! They were troopers though sitting in Mommy and Daddy's laps as we opened the presents for them and they got a lot of great things including new Texans Jerseys and Aggie Polos to wear on game days. WHOOP!!!
 
 





 
They got the CUTEST little Harley Bikes from Gram and Papa Barone

 
 Walker is ready to ride ...
 
I think William had enough at this point ... (But the only melt down we had at the party)
 
 
Then it was cake time! MY FAVORITE! Now this was the Boys first time to actually have sweets. And by my surprise they didn't really dive into it quite like I was expecting them to! Walker loved the cake part and poked at the icing and then tried a bite of the icing and spit it right out. I'm guessing it was just a little too sweet for his liking (which is okay by me, but I'm sure that will change.) As for William ... Well, if you know William then you know he is an EXTREMELY picky eater. I have worked with kids for quite some time now and I have never met such a young picky eater. He does not like to touch most foods so you have to feed most of it to him and then if we're lucky, he'll actually eat it. He will pick up breads so I knew he would feed the cupcake to himself, I just didn't know how he would feel about touching the icing. When I put the cupcake on his tray, of course he would not touch it. I forced him to touch the icing with his finger and he cried a bit about it. Then I broke off a piece from the bottom of the cupcake and he fought me on the first bite, but once I was able to shove that piece in his mouth he got mad for a second and almost spit it out until he realized that what he had in has mouth, tasted pretty good and quickly changed his mind. It was really funny! But like his brother, he didn't care for the icing either.
 
 





 Emi, Taytum and Stephen have the cupcake eating down!
 
One of my favorite gifts the Boys got, and I think their favorite gift as well, was from their Cousins Stephen, Taytum and Emi. Walker and William love to watch this show off of PBS called Daniel Tiger's Neighborhood. It is a little spinoff cartoon from Mr. Roger's Neighborhood. Well, while my Sister, Alisha was taking her kids shopping for a present to get the Boys, they were looking through the books trying to figure out what to get. Then Taytum spotted a book that she knew would be PERFECT for the Boys. It was a Daniel Tiger Book! And they love that book! I just think it was the sweetest little thing, that Taytum found a book that she just knew Walker and William would love, and she was right! They do love it!
 

 
 
These two Boys are my two most biggest blessings and I am so proud to be their Mommy. Happy Birthday Walker and William! Mommy loves you so much!!!
 
... Now time, slow down!!!

 



1 comment: