The Barone Blog

The Barone Blog

Wednesday, September 10, 2014

1 year check up! ... FAIL!

On Tuesday Morning the boys had their 12 month check up. Besides having to get shots, I was pretty excited to see how they were growing. So we left that morning, I gave them Tylenol before leaving to help with the shots and Matt met us at the Doctor's Office. And thank God he did meet us there, and I will say that A LOT during this Blog post ... We walk in and as I'm checking the Boys in, the receptionist tells me that apparently we have switched our insurance and that she needs to see our new insurance card. I didn't realize that we switched health insurance because we have it through Matt's work. After she said that, I then remembered getting some health insurance cards in the mail recently and I meant to ask Matt about it, but never got around to it. So I then had to take one of the boys with me as I drove back home to get the new insurance cards. Thank God Matt was there so that he could stay at the Doctor's Office with Walker, instead of me having to load them both back in the car, just to take them right back out again ... I walk back in and get the Boys checked in. We sit down and I feel like we are waiting longer than usual until the receptionist calls my name. I go back to see her again and she proceeds to tell me that it looks like the Boys have been terminated from our insurance. WHAT???  Ugh! I was so aggravated because 1) their names were on the new insurance cards, so I didn't know what was going on. She told me that if I wanted to still see their Doctor today I was going to have to pay out of pocket. Not happening! I was so aggrevated at that point. I felt like the whole morning was a waste but again, thank God Matt was there! If I had to go through all of that; getting to the Doctor, running back home, driving back to the Doctor's Office and then to be told that my kids aren't covered on our insurance by myself, I think I would have had a break down right in front of everybody at the Doctor's office. I've had to take the boys a few times by myself to the Doctor and it is not a good time, so I can't imagine what I would have felt during that experience by myself. After that, Matt called the insurance company and got it all taken care of and I rescheduled the Boys' appointment. So until next time ... And I'm hoping Matt will meet us there again. Just in case. 

A few recent pictures ... 

Trouble!









No comments:

Post a Comment