The Barone Blog

The Barone Blog

Friday, September 26, 2014

1 Year Check Up ... Success???

Today, we went back for the Boys' 12 month well check up. And this time we were able to see the Doctor. So I guess you could call it successful? Aside from the fact that my little guys had to get four shots plus a flu shot. They are troopers though, but their cries when they get the shots, sure does break my heart. And yes, Matt did go with me again. I think they're getting too big now anyways for me to take them by myself. Especially when they're getting shots. A Lady I work with has twins and she makes separate Doctors appointments for her boys, so that she doesn't have to take them at the same time. I may consider that in the future. We'll see though.

Let's get to the stats ...

Walker

Weight: 27lbs 4oz - 98 percentile
Height: 2 feet 7 inches - 81 percentile

William:

Weight: 21lbs 7oz - 47 percentile
Height: 2 feet 5 inches - 11 percentile

Obviously, Walker is a bit "heavier" than William is and I was not expecting him to weigh that much. I was thinking he was going to be 25lbs. But hey! The kid loves to eat, and will put down whatever you put in front of him. Even while we were sitting in the waiting room we got asked twice the "famous" question, "are they twins?" and of course when we say "yes", one of the ladies that asked then asked, "are they identical ... One is bigger than the other?" This happens more often then not ...  The Doctor asked questions about their developments and seemed to be pleased with how they are growing. I told her how the Boys like to give us a toy like a car for us to push, and when we push it they will crawl to get it and will bring it back to us for us to push again, and she seemed to be pretty impressed with that (proud Mommy moment :)) She made the comment "They are 1 year old now! They are no longer infants! They are toddlers" That is truly bitter sweet. I sometimes miss my sweet little babies who were so tiny, but then I think about how fun they are and how fun it is getting to really watch them play and learn now. I think this is something I will always struggle with, no matter what stage they are going through and something I am sure EVERY Mommy/Parent goes through. And after their appointment the boys got to spend the rest of the day with their Daddy, instead of having to go to school. Lucky Boys!

 
My Boys pushing their cars

 
 
 
Sweet Walker
 Look at that dimple!
 
 
Snuggling with Mommy

 

 Too tired to finish lunch

 
 Playing at School
 

The Boy loves to eat, his favorite is avocado
(just like his Momma)
 
 
Silly William


So handsome
 
 
 Laughing with Daddy


He loves to yell at you
(in a silly way) ...
I don't think Walker likes it all that much though.

 
 
 Watching the Texas Aggies play Football.
Whoop!
 
 
 

 
 

 









No comments:

Post a Comment