The Barone Blog

The Barone Blog

Tuesday, November 10, 2015

A Date Night After 8 Years Together ...

It blows my mind, that Matt and I have been together for 8 years now and I still love him more than ever ... I know it sounds "corny" and "cheesy", but I love Matt more and more everyday. However, we don't get out much (at least not on our own). I have been dropping hints FOR WEEKS to take me out. Saying things like "I would like to go out one night, just the two of us" or "we need some time to ourselves". But with men ... Sometimes you just have to be straight forward with them, and it got to the point to where I eventually had to say, "look! ... I want to go on a date with you! So we need to plan something this weekend! Take me out!!!" and I guess that worked. The next day, I got the sweetest text from Matt that said "will you go out on a date with me Saturday night?". Of course I couldn't turn him down!

I honestly feel like I was most excited about going out to eat alone with my husband, just the two of us and not worrying if any little people were eating their dinner. It's the little things ...


Aunt Patti and Uncle Shawn came over Saturday evening and Matt and I were off. We started the night off by going bowling. I am an AWFUL bowler, but I still think it's fun. I honestly never break over 100 points. We played 3 games and I got over 100 points every time! I guess all those times we played Wii bowling with Alisha and Denny, really paid off ;) HA!


After bowling we went to go eat at Roadhouse. It was delicious, and like I said, it was just nice to sit and have dinner with my Husband, just the two of us. We also watched a little Aggie Football while we ate too.

And Let me tell you ... We sure know how to live it up! After dinner we went to Lowes and HEB! Do we sound lame or what? I'm guessing we ate too much at dinner. Our belly's were full and we were just ready to be back home. The Boys were in bed, so we figured if we were at home, we would still be at home spending time together (and we wouldn't have to spend any more money). I honestly wouldn't have spent our date night any other way.

What married people do on dates ...
They run errands!



We were so thankful for Patti and Shawn, letting us have a night out and we can't wait to repay the favor in the future! I know Walker and William had a blast with the two of you. They always do!


One of our first pictures together
& one of my favorites.

Thank you, Sweetie for always making me feel special.
XOXO

No comments:

Post a Comment