The Barone Blog

The Barone Blog

Tuesday, December 16, 2014

Silence ... May Not Always Be a Good Thing

So while we were home for the Thanksgiving Break, I may have learned that when the boys are QUIETLY playing in their playroom and bedroom by themselves, may not always be a good thing. The first day I found this out, I was cleaning the house, thinking to myself "oh they are being so good and quiet, they're so awesome!" And then, I walk around the corner to this ...

 


 
 
Naughty Boys! When I saw them, I walked in their room and started telling them "NO! NO!" After that, William just broke down crying. You could just see that his little heart was just broken because I had gotten on to him. But Walker, it did not phase him one bit! Instead, he started helping me put the shirts back in the drawers. So I guess that's a good thing!
 
Then, a few day later the same thing happened. I turned the corner, and this is what I saw ...
 


Such a mess! I told them "NO! NO!" again. And again, William was so upset when I got on to him, but Walker did not care. And this time, he didn't even help me clean up the mess! I had to do it all by myself.

Needless to say ... They're bedroom door stays shut now, so that they can only play in their playroom.

They are starting to get into everything as I would expect them to be doing during this "toddler stage". But honestly, I think it could be a lot worse. I had a feeling that with the Christmas tree up right now, that it was going to be really difficult getting them not to mess with it but they've been doing really well. Every so often we'll see them staring at the tree and you can just see it in their eyes that they want to touch it. When we see them finally go to try and touch the tree, we just tell them "NO!" and they'll either just touch it real fast, or they'll just put their finger down and smile. It's pretty cute.


 
 
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment