The Barone Blog

The Barone Blog

Tuesday, February 23, 2016

Tubes

 
Well, the past two weeks we have spent money on the boys to get tubes in their ears! We are praying that this is what they have been needing to help get them to start talking. Both boys will have follow up appointments in March to check their ears and to get another hearing test.
 
Walker:
 
Walker was first up. He had his tubes on the 12th - that Monday before, he went in to recheck his ears to see if the fluid had gotten any better and it hadn't. So the doc said "alright, let's schedule tubes". It was like a moment that I was hoping would happen because I do feel like tubes is what Walker needs to help him hear better, but at that same time it was instant of anxiousness. We scheduled him to get them that Friday ...
 
He did GREAT! He was in the best mood the morning of and wasn't too cranky that he wasn't able to eat any breakfast when he woke up - Honestly, I figured that was going to be the most difficult part for him. That, and not being able to have any fluids. I dropped William off super early that morning (I have some wonderful teachers at my school that didn't mind watching him before we opened) and headed over to be with Walker and Matt. I was praying the whole time that I would get there before he went back for surgery, and I did. The surgery didn't take but 5-10 minutes and then shortly after they brought him out to us and I got to snuggle with my big guy.
 
I had to head back to work, but Walker got to spend the whole day with Dad. I know it was a great day for the both of them to be able to do that (I was jealous, for sure!). Matt sent me pictures and videos of Walker all day and the first thing Walker did when he got home was eat pancakes and dance to his favorite song.
 
Before going back
 
 
 Snuggles after surgery
 
 I love this picture. Matt took this on their way home.
It's like he is aware of all the sounds around him.
 
 
 
 
William:
 
William went to the doctor the Thursday before Walker got his tubes and his results were the same - He still had fluid as well. They offered to do both of their surgeries on the same day, but honestly, that just didn't sound like a good time to me. I felt it was better to be able to focus on one kid at a time. So we scheduled William to have his tubes on the next Friday.
 
He did GREAT too! He was in a really great mood that morning as well, and didn't seem too upset about not having food or water in the morning either. He did however start getting cranky when the nurse came and put the medical bracelet on his ankle. He did not like that and just wanted to rip it off and kept saying "no. no. no. no." Matt wasn't able to make the surgery, so Nonie came with us instead (while Walker stayed home with Pawpaw). I was sure to text Dad many pictures before and after the surgery. Just like Walker, it didn't take long at all to do his tubes. And when he was out, Mommy got some good snuggles from William too.
 
 
Not happy about having his medical
bracelet on his ankle
  
Drowsy after getting his tubes.
This picture makes me laugh!
 
Snuggles after surgery
 
Going home
 
 
Nonie and Pawpaw came in on the Thursday before William's surgery and so the boys got spoiled and were able to spend the day with Nonie and Pawpaw on Friday. I know they enjoyed their time!  
 
Playing in Penny's dog cage.
Silly boys!


 
 
Now here's to hoping my boys start talking!

No comments:

Post a Comment