The Barone Blog

The Barone Blog

Friday, January 15, 2016

My "Talkative" but Not so Talking Boys

Our guys are almost 2.5 years old! WOW! They both have grown so much, and often Matt and I will stare at them and say  "you guys are getting so big", "You aren't baby boys anymore", or "you both just look so big". It's exciting, and of course sad. As they get older, it gets more and more fun watching them together and interact with each other and see the bond between the both of them is so great (the good and the bad).
Unfortunately, we aren't quite saying any words yet. William says a few more than Walker, but this is something Matt and I are working on fixing. Both boys started speech therapy after the first of the year, and I know that is something that will help a ton. We are also in the process of getting their ears and hearing checked.
While we were on Christmas break, we took them both to see the ENT, and they both had fluid in their ears which caused them to fail their hearing tests. We are going back in a few weeks for a follow up appointment to see if there is still fluid in their ears and to get another hearing test - We also discovered Walker had an ear infection, so they will check to see if that cleared up as well.
If they by chance have to get tubes in their ears, I truly feel like that is something that will help them with their talking. I worry that they can not hear us clearly which results to them not being able to speak correctly. When you have fluid in your ears like that, I was told it's like you are hearing somebody talk while you are under water.  
Now, the boys "talk" but majority of it is jibber jabber. It sounds super cute, but it's time for them to say actually words.
 
William says:
Hi/Bye
Door
Light
(he picked that word up after Christmas)
Oh Wow!
 
Walker says:
Bye
Oh Wow!
 
I'm ready for my guys to say "Mommy", "Daddy" & "I love you" ... When that happens, I know I am going to cry.
 
 
 



 
Video to share ...
The other night we were playing YouTube videos for them,
Matt randomly picked the video of the 2 twins standing in the
kitchen "talking", and the boys thought it was so funny.
I guess they "understood" what they were saying.
 
Twins Watching Twins

 


No comments:

Post a Comment